This project is still in the works, but here are two different concepts for my cd package design. I'm much more tied to the first design, which uses photos that I took on the streets of San Francisco several years ago. I was in love with the way this red exterior wall was picking up bursts of light so beautifully. When beginning this project, I chose an album that Ive been listening to a lot over the past year (and feel Ive soaked up thoroughly). When thinking about the feeling that this album exudes, I immediately thought of these photos, and their warm, magical, ethereal (yet rich/heavy) quality. I also felt that the idea of bouncing light and shadow perfectly expressed a quality in the artist's vocals and melodies.
Version 1:



Version 2:
This design uses a watercolor painting that I made recently. While I dont think this version is as strong as the first, I do think the fragility/muted quality of the painting lends something new to the design. Again there is that sort of ebb and flow of pale and intense colors mirroring his vocals. The colors are also sort of romantic, yet cold and a bit melancholy, like the music.


No comments:
Post a Comment